Re: Re: Re: Running The Combinatorica GraphEditor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44063] Re: [mg44041] Re: Re: Running The Combinatorica GraphEditor
  • From: "Christos Argyropoulos M.D." <argchris at otenet.gr>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
it works great !; however it did not fix GraphEditor1.1 (which still refuses
to run).
I tried both Java executables in my other machine (running Win2000
Professional)
and GraphEditor works now (with the resize trick). This machine has both
jdk1.4.1_02 and jre1.3.0 installed.
After trying various modifications (i.e unistalling/installing jdks, jres
etc) I compiled the following list:

GraphEditor+Java1.3.1_09 works great (no resize tricks)
GraphEditor1.1+Java1.3/1.3.1_09/1.4.1_02 does not even start
GraphEditor+Java1.4.1_02 requires the resize trick
GraphEditor+Java1.3.0 worked with the resize trick (3/5 attempts), did not
work at all (2/5) attempts

Results apply to both my Windows Machines, severely infested with microsoft
products (have a couple of
projects that require .NET hoping that it does not interfere with Java
stuff)
Have a nice weekend

Christos Argyropoulos
Athens Greece