How to auto insert Date in footer of each page

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47260] How to auto insert Date in footer of each page
  • From: Cheng Liu <cliu at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:04:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

         I use Mathematica as my primary tech writing tool.  To keep track
of changes, I would like to insert date automatically at the footer of each
page, like 3/31/2004, or better, March 31, 2004, whenever I generate a pdf
file or print a hard copy.  Right now, I am doing this by hand using the
File>Print Settings>Headers and Footers, and then insert Cell["3/31/2004",
FontSize->10, ...] in the footer box.  I have to do this every time for
print or save a pdf file.  Is there a better way of doing this?  Thanks.

Cheng

Cheng Liu, Ph.D.
MST-8, MS-G755
Los Alamos National Laboratory