Re: Problem with AltGr key on german keyboard

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47310] Re: Problem with AltGr key on german keyboard
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 05:22:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have the same problem with Mathematica 5.0.1 on Fedora
(on Red Hat it worked fine): the brackets *are* produced, but
always with a beep!

I wrote to Technical Support, and they suggested as a workaround
to redefine the KeyEventTranslation so that the brackets can
be produced with Mod2:

<http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/unix/interface/brackets.html>

I can now input brackets with e.g. Super_R ("Windows key") + 7
(no beep!),
but I am *not* happy with this solution...

Any suggestions?
Or does anybody know why it worked with Red Hat but not on Fedora?

Regards,
Marcus

--
Sometimes the delete key is your greatest friend. -- Steve Martin