Re: Problem with AltGr key on german keyboard

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:37:29 +0000 (UTC)
Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Marcus!

> I have the same problem with Mathematica 5.0.1 on Fedora
> (on Red Hat it worked fine): the brackets *are* produced, but
> always with a beep!

[...]

I'm using Mathematica 4.0 on Fedora Core 1 and had the same problem,
only difference was that I wasn't able to get any brackets.

> Any suggestions?
> Or does anybody know why it worked with Red Hat but not on Fedora?

I'm using GNOME and for me the following solved the problem:

- open a terminal (xterm or whatever)
- type: gkb_xmmap de
- start Mathematica and try if it works

Lars