Re: Problem with animate

As you stated, n has a value.  Either clear n before using it as an iterator or
use a module to make it local.

Module[{n}, Animate[Plot[Sin[n x],{x,0,2 Pi}],{n,1,6,1}]];

Bob Hanlon

In article <c4rd13$m9n$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Phil Light"
<usenet at kaysgardens.OppositeOfMinus.com.invalid> wrote:

<< I am trying to use animate as shown in the documentation with v5, but
instead of producing a graph for each value of n as expected, I only get one
graph uses the value of n before the Animate command:

<< Graphics`Animation`

In[87]:=
Animate[Plot[Sin[n x],{x,0,2 Pi}],{n,1,6,1}]

<<<Single graph for value of n before this command, in this case 35>>>

Out[87]=
Animate[-Graphics-, {35, 1, 6, 1}]

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?