Question: ABS and \[Prime]

Hello,

I'm not a regular duty Mathematica user and I've come across a problem
in some of my work to which I cannot find an answer in Mathematica
help or by googling.

In my notebook output, a copy of which can be seen at :

www.glue.umd.edu/~wellsed/derivatives.html

I'm finding the derivatives of a complex function involving distances
(R[] is a distance function) in an energy function (W[] is an energy
function).  Each of my derivatives looks okay except for the presence
of the Abs[] function with a \[Prime] following it.  It does not
appear in every instance, but I cannot find any documentation for what
this may mean.  An example is in the first line of Out[36].

Any help is appreciated.

--Ed Wells