RE: Re: Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47518] RE: [mg47488] Re: [mg47462] Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica
  • From: "Owen, HL (Hywel)" <H.L.Owen at dl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:39:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As well as using TriangularSurfacePlot (in
<<DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`, as mentioned by someone else), you
can also perform an Interpolation on your data, and then use Plot3D - the
only problem is making sure that the domain of data you have is reasonably
large compared to what you're plotting, otherwise you'll get artefacts
outside of the data range.

ScatterPlot3D is handy if you only have a few points, but it's hard to see
the shape of the data. TriangularSurfacePlot is for more data than that,
whilst Interpolation is good if you have high-density, non-regularly spaced
data.

Hyel