RE: Re: Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47472] RE: [mg47434] Re: Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?
  • From: "Owen, HL (Hywel)" <H.L.Owen at dl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Our group messed around for a while trying to get as simple a LaTeX
installation on Windows as possible. We finally settled on MikTeX/WinEdt.
WinEdt costs a few tens of dollars per license, but is well worth it (IMHO)
to avoid hassle. An installation guide is given at:

http://www.astec.ac.uk/ap/software/latex.html

There is also a guide to how to get .eps files into your documents - the
procedure is to insert them into the .tex file, then do:

.tex -> .dvi -> .pdf

To get your Mathematica plots into yout LaTeX documents, export them as
.eps.

It's about the simplest procedure we've found. If there is a simpler/better
tool for .tex editing out there, we''d like to hear about it!

Hywel