Alternative to defining 'operator' function?

Hi folks,

I often have programming problem where I'd like to calculate a set of dot
products, e.g. applying a list of square matrices {R1,R2,R3...} to a vector
v to obtain:

{R1.v,R2.R1.v,R3.R2.R1.v,...}

or other functions like that.

The method I've been using is to define an 'operator' function, e.g.

DotOperator[M_] := Dot[M, #] &

Then we have:

In: DotOperator[R][v]
Out: R.v

as wanted, so that we can define a ComposeList as

In: Rest[ComposeList[DotOperator[#] & /@ {R1, R2, R3}, v]]
Out: {R1.v, R2.R1.v, R3.R2.R1.v}

to obtain the result we want.

Is there a simpler way than this that doesn't involve defining functions
like DotOperator?

Thanks,

Hywel