Re: How to check if a file exists?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47590] Re: How to check if a file exists?
- From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:22:09 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
FileNames["C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Mathematica\Applications\ \DrBob\Documentation\English\Lagrange.nb"] (for instance) will be an empty list if the file doesn't exist. Bobby Thomas Guignard <thomas.guignard at epfl.ch> wrote in message news:<c5lf22$bn0$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Hi > > I have little experience in Mathematica and I have trouble getting used > to the Mathematica way of thinking. > > I'm looking for a way to check if a given file exists. If it exists, I > load its contents, if not I have to start a block of calculations. > > I just can't find the function to check the existence of a file! > > Thanks > Tom