RE: Re: Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47545] RE: [mg47488] Re: [mg47462] Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica
  • From: "Wolf, Hartmut" <Hartmut.Wolf at t-systems.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:40:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ananya,

These problems have been solved by Tom Wickham-Jones with his ExtendGraphics
packages obtainable for free from MathSource at the Wolfram site (check
out!).

What you need is

<< ExtendGraphics`SurfaceGraphics3D`

and therein the function ListSurfacePlot3D to plot irregular data.

What is done is a Delaunay triangulation for the {x,y} components, such
Triangles (3D Polygons) can be erected for the 3D-Points (in x-y-vicinity).

Of course this only works well, if your data constitute a simple (unfolded)
surface over {x,y}.

A full description is given in his Book

Hartmut