Re: When Is Precision[ ] $MachinePrecision, And When Is It Not?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47556] Re: When Is Precision[ ] $MachinePrecision, And When Is It Not?
- From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:20:21 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Compare Help Browser entries for Equal and SameQ N[2/3]===2/3 False Bob Hanlon In article <c5lfo0$bt2$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke) wrote: << Thanks for your examples. I thought about them, and found a very short one which still bothers me, because the answer is not what I expected ... In:= N[2/3] Out= 0.666667 In:= N[2/3]==2/3 Out= True In:= ?== lhs == rhs returns True if lhs and rhs are identical.