Kernel crash?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47632] Kernel crash?
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:33:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Starting with a pure kernel, the following sequence of commands crashes
the kernel on two different machines (an OS X box and an XP box):

yet, (also starting with a pure kernel) the following does not:

Can others reproduce this?  And, if so, does anyone have an idea what
might be causing it?

Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE