programatically feed mma kernel location to MathKernel.Connect Method ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47786] programatically feed mma kernel location to MathKernel.Connect Method ?
  • From: a_cjones at hotmail.com (cdj)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:42:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I'm calling the mathematica kernel from c#, and I'm getting sick of
entering the location of the mathematica kernel everytime I wanna
perform a computation.

I'd like to search the registry for a mathematica install, get the
directory path to the kernel, and feed that path the Connect method
(that seems like a good plan, at any rate). This way, when connect (or
compute) is called, the whole open-kernel-dialog business is done away
with, and the kernel is loaded without further input from the user.

Thanks for any hints,

cdj