SetDelayed and NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47805] SetDelayed and NIntegrate
  • From: "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 04:47:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Very simple question.   Is it possible in Mathematica 5 to execute this

f[x_,y_]:=f[x,y]  (*where f[x,y] is some known function*)

I get a message that Integrand is not numeric and FindRoot stops.   I would
like to make clear that I do not want to use Integrate.

My other question is why this code does not work

Thanks. Mukhtar Bekkali