Re: How to evaluate Exp[I Pi(1+x)]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52750] Re: How to evaluate Exp[I Pi(1+x)]?
- From: nospam nospam <nospam_please at nospam.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:22:40 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hello wrote: > Is there a way to evaluate Exp[I Pi (1+x)]? I am expecting to see the > result to be: > > -Exp[I Pi x] > > because Exp[I Pi] can be reduced to shorter form. > ComplexExpand[Exp[I Pi (1 + x)]] Cos[Pi (1 + x)] + I Sin[Pi (1 + x)] (this is Euler formula)