Re: Re: finite domains

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52747] Re: [mg52691] Re: finite domains
  • From: János <janos.lobb at yale.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:22:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Drago,

According to the Book you can use both.  However I do not know, because
I do not know how to define domains like:

       {Complexes },
       {Reals },
       {Algebraics },
       {Rationals },
       {Integers },
       {Primes },
       {Booleans }

Well, I was wrong in my previous e-mail, because Booleans is a finite
domain.  So again, I am interested to know how can I define a user
domain - in my case a finite one - and use all the domain related
functions of Mathematica on it and able to use it with patterns.

In[1]:=
Information["Booleans",
   LongForm -> False]
"Booleans represents the \
domain of booleans, as in x \
\[Element] Booleans."*Button[
    More\[Ellipsis], ButtonData :>
     "Booleans", Active ->
     True, ButtonStyle ->
     "RefGuideLink"]

does not give much insight.  With Longform->True I get just one step
further:

Attributes[Booleans] =
    {Protected}

So, the question is: "user-defined domains" or "custom domains"...
Help...

János