plotting two functions on the one graph

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52902] plotting two functions on the one graph
  • From: fmurphy at (Frank Murphy)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:40:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

siafra at wrote:
: I'm a student in physics at the University of Salerno, Italy and I'm
: Mathematica 3.0 under Win95. My question is :
: how can I plot two functions f(x), g(x) with the same x range on two
: y-axes, say the one for f(x) at left and the one for g(x) at right ?
: Thanks.

My colleague and I have tried your suggested i.e. proposed answer on
the follwing website$piu at
but when its plotted in mathematica it places one plot next to the
other. However we
would like one plot superimposed on the other in the same graph with
two different y-axes.
Can you please send us the commands in mathematica to complete this