plotting two functions on the one graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52902] plotting two functions on the one graph
  • From: fmurphy at nmrc.ie (Frank Murphy)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:40:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

siafra at vaxsa.csied.unisa.it wrote:
: I'm a student in physics at the University of Salerno, Italy and I'm
using
: Mathematica 3.0 under Win95. My question is :
: how can I plot two functions f(x), g(x) with the same x range on two
different
: y-axes, say the one for f(x) at left and the one for g(x) at right ?
: Thanks.

My colleague and I have tried your suggested i.e. proposed answer on
the follwing website
http://mathforum.org/epigone/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/rybimglah/5rmns6$piu at smc.vnet.net
but when its plotted in mathematica it places one plot next to the
other. However we
would like one plot superimposed on the other in the same graph with
two different y-axes.
Can you please send us the commands in mathematica to complete this
task.