slow eigenvectors and eigenvalues

Hello!

I need eigenvectors and eigenvalues of Toeplitz matrix 1000 by 1000 or
greater. These are values of autocorrelation of processed signal. My
Version 5. does it for a long time. After a few hours I aborted
calculations. What should I do to make it faster?

Thanks in Advance
Regards

Janusz Kowalski
Szczecin, Poland