Re: Information about subscripted function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53079] Re: Information about subscripted function
  • From: seb at magda.ifj.edu.pl
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:58:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <cqbh5h$4jd$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Steve Luttrell wrote:
> You need to use the Notation package to Symbolize your function. Copy the
> CAVEAT: when you use Symbolize (and other functions in the Notation package)
> you should enter it using the Notation palette that appears when you execute
> <<Utilities`Notation`, rather than entering it manually. This is because
> there is some hidden tagbox information that is generated.

thanks,
Symbolize is what I wanted! On equestion: what to do if I close the
pallete by a mistake, load the package again ?

I've also found a usefull function:

SymbolizeSubscript[f_, k_] :=
  Symbolize[NotationBoxTag[SubscriptBox[ToString[f], ToString[k]]]]

By the way, the  Symbolize function seems to be so obviuos and
useful, why it is hidden so "deep" in ExtraPackages instead
of being a standard function of Math ?

cheers

Seb