Import Function on Version 5.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53132] Import Function on Version 5.
  • From: "Benedetto Bongiorno" <bbongiorno at attglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:59:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To MathGroup and Bob Hanlon,

My description of the problem was incorrect. It appears that the problem
lies in how

Import works in Version 5.1. Examples are;

1 - Import of the data.csv files in 5.01 using
ConversionOptions->{"Numeric"->False} works fine, but when I run it on 5.1 I
do not get the same formatted data records. It should bea dimensioned
14000x4 instead it

is dimensioned ilformed as 14000, without it all being strings. 2 - This
will cause Intersection of the common index not to work because I cannot use
data[[All,1]]. 3 - Has there been a Version 5.1 change in the Import
function and wher do I get the details?

Happy Holidays