how to save selected cells to an EPS file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53148] how to save selected cells to an EPS file?
  • From: Fred <Fred at nowhere.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:00:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello;

Mathematica 5.1

I select a number of cells. These cells can be input cells
and/or output cells, and can contain graphics.

I want all selected cells to be saved to one EPS file.

This is what I tried:

1. do Print selected... and print to a POSTSCRIPT file.
    then convert the PS file to EPS using ps2eps tool.
    But I am getting errors from latex when I try to
    read the EPS file. Not sure if it the ps2eps
    tool problem or not.

2. Select CELL from menu, then choose CONVERT TO PS.
    But now what to do?

3. I select the cells, then do SAVE AS SPECIAL, and
    select TEX file. Then run latex on the file,
    then run dvips to generate .PS file, but the
    output has few problems, it is not the same as
    the screen. Main problem is things like "<<" are
    coming out as "!!"

Is there a way to save selected cells to eps file?

thanks,
Fred