Re: how to save selected cells to an EPS file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53160] Re: how to save selected cells to an EPS file?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:41:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <cqjbjm$ifg$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Fred <Fred at nowhere.com> wrote:

> I select a number of cells. These cells can be input cells
> and/or output cells, and can contain graphics.
>
> I want all selected cells to be saved to one EPS file.

I think what you want to do is to put multiple graphics, plus supporting
text or comments, into one graphic, then save it as EPS.  (Can a single
EPS file contain multiple graphics, i.e. multiple pages? -- my
impression is, no.)

If so, one solution that comes to mind is to assign a symbol to each
graphic-containing cell, e.g

    g1 = ---stuff that creates cell #1---
    g2 = ---stuff that creates cell #2---
    etc

then use

    gTotal = Show[GraphicsArray[{{g1,g2},{g3,g4}}]

and

    Export["gTtotal.eps",gTotal, "EPS"]

to create the single Exported cell (check the syntax on this; I haven't).

The "assignment" referred to above can certainly be done at the time the
cells are created.  The cells can probably also be captured after
creation by using their cell number or a cell label, but I haven't done
any digging into this.  Or, if you want to capture Input cells, you may
have to write them, or the data in them, into a graphic envelope in some
fashion.