Re: Condition , FullSimplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53184] Re: [mg53168] Condition , FullSimplify
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:30:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>> I find it useful and practical using the first notation.

I don't see how, since it doesn't work! (You wouldn't be asking the question, if it did.)

The problem is that expr/;condition//FullSimplify doesn't mean FullSimplify[expr,cond] in Mathematica; it's really just that simple.

It does mean FullSimplify[expr/;condition], but that's not likely to be of much use. As far as I can tell, expr/;condition is useless without SetDelayed or RuleDelayed.

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com
www.eclecticdreams.net