Re: How do I Copy an error message to a text document, as text?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46083] Re: How do I Copy an error message to a text document, as text?
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 04:03:02 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Seigman: Yasvir was correct in copying Input and Output Forms to plaintext. However, that is not the MessageText you questioned, so I ran a few quick experiments on my lunch break, and found with Mathematica 5.0.1 that even after converting the red MessageText to OutputForm, I was still unable to "pull the text out". Bobby Treat's CopyAsInputForm palette did not work, either. Nor did converting the MessageText cell to TextForm. If you are just posting examples from a larger calculation, then I would recommend launching the MathKernel window. This does everything in plaintext, and I use it to generate small examples for text-only bulletin boards. I am not aware of anyone posting a general notebook "text puller" yet, but maybe someone could carry Bobby Treat's CopyAsInputForm a few steps further for the rest of us who need to copy and paste plaintext from whatever type of notebook cell it appears in. A text puller would save folks much duplication of effort regenerating notebook examples in a MathKernel window for text-only bulletin board posts. Regards, Harold