Formal Definition of the Term "Form"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46150] Formal Definition of the Term "Form"
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:36:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In methodically reviewing everything I've read in the Mathematica
Book, I realized an important undefined term first makes its
appearance in "1.4.7 Picking Out Pieces of Algebraic Expressions".
Definitions are there for Coefficient[expr,form] and
Exponent[expr,form]. The term "expr" has been previously discussed,
but the term "form" starts to be used at this point without any prior
definition I can find.
Does Mathematica have a formal definition for "form"? Where may I
Prev by Date:
How to printout more digits?
Next by Date:
Re: derivation of a picewise defined function
Previous by thread:
Re: How to printout more digits?
Next by thread:
RE: Formal Definition of the Term "Form"