Formal Definition of the Term "Form"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46150] Formal Definition of the Term "Form"
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:36:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
MathGroup: In methodically reviewing everything I've read in the Mathematica Book, I realized an important undefined term first makes its appearance in "1.4.7 Picking Out Pieces of Algebraic Expressions". Definitions are there for Coefficient[expr,form] and Exponent[expr,form]. The term "expr" has been previously discussed, but the term "form" starts to be used at this point without any prior definition I can find. Does Mathematica have a formal definition for "form"? Where may I find it? Thanks. Harold