Re: How to printout more digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46225] Re: How to printout more digits?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:15:51 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <c04f0p$ggi$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp> wrote: > Print[ N[6. * Pi, 9] ] > returns > 18.8496 > which is only 6 digits and not what I expected. > > Does anybody know how to print out outputs with more than 9 digits? This is controlled by the PrintPrecision display option. You can control this as follows:  Open the Option Inspector (Format menu | Option Inspector...)  Show the Option values for Notebook (or Global)  Type in PrintPrecision  Set this to however many digits you want to display. Cheers, Paul -- Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 9380 2734 School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 9380 1014 The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G) 35 Stirling Highway Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul