Re: How to printout more digits?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46225] Re: How to printout more digits?
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:15:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <c04f0p$ggi$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Print[ N[6. * Pi, 9] ]
> returns
> 18.8496
> which is only 6 digits and not what I expected.
>
> Does anybody know how to print out outputs with more than 9 digits?

This is controlled by the PrintPrecision display option. You can control
this as follows:

[1] Open the Option Inspector (Format menu | Option Inspector...)

[2] Show the Option values for Notebook (or Global)

[3] Type in PrintPrecision

[4] Set this to however many digits you want to display.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul