Re: oo system for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46249] Re: [mg46223] oo system for Mathematica
  • From: Richard Palmer <mapsinc at bellatlantic.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:46:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Hermenn,

I downloaded your code and documentation.  The documentation and code seem
to be well done.

I have the following question to you and others who might read the post.
What inherently mathematical uses (or math programming uses) do you see for
OO technology?

I can see the graphics uses for the capability.  I understand the
information hiding capabilities of OO facilitate large scale
multi-programmer projects.  As a very good programmer, I understand what OO
is trying to do. What I don't understand is how it makes Mathematica significantly
better.

Richard