Re: Script, Gothic and DoubleStruck Characters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46513] Re: Script, Gothic and DoubleStruck Characters
  • From: "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:58:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David Park wrote:

> Along the same line, what symbol do users working in physics use to
> represent energy? All the text books use E but this is reserved in
> Mathematica.

When I am trying to do physics equations with the letter 'E', I use 'esc' E
'esc' to get a \[CapitalEpsilon].

This is not perfect, as it does not seem to have an italic version on my
system (4.1, Linux).  So it stands out a little  bit from other letters.

But it is nicer to me than having to do e or En or something like that.
\[ScriptCapitalE] isn't bad, either, but that one confuses me, as I think
of it as an emf.

I would also agree that the Gothic fonts are nearly useless to me --
particularly on Linux where the Motif front end doesn't do any font
anti-aliasing.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==