Has Mathematica been tested to any extent in secondary school classrooms?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46514] Has Mathematica been tested to any extent in secondary school classrooms?
- From: Albert Franco <francoatnsuok at earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:58:56 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Franco Family
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi. I'm a sophomore Mathematics Education major at NSU in Tahlequah, OK. I purchased Mathematica last month and I'm still in the beginning stages of learning how to use the program. I will start pre-intern teaching in September 2004, and intern teaching the following Spring. I expect to be starting my teaching career in Fall of 2006 at the secondary level in southeastern Oklahoma. Has Mathematica been used and evaluated at the secondary level? Is there a group of teachers online that has notebooks and experience with high school teaching use? You may wish to reply directly to: francoatnsuok at earthlink.net Please include the following in the Subject line: Math Ed Any responses will be appreciated. Regards, Albert Franco NSU, Mathematics Education major Sophomore