Re: Simple Question [Clearing Variables]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg46537] Re: Simple Question [Clearing Variables]
  • From: "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:27:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Ashok. R wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have a simple question. I want to know what command to use in order to
> clear all the variables that I have defined in the notebook. I do not want
> to clear them one by one.
> I treid Remove[All], but that removes the internal variables as well.
> Such a simple issue, but I cannot find the answer using the online doc.
> Merci

You might try:

To clear all lowercase, user-defined variables.

To clear all user-defined variables.

Obviously, this won't work if you define your variabes somewhere other than
the Global context.  I also rarely use it -- I had to look it up.  It was a
trick mentioned in Marvin L. DeJong's "Mathematica for Calculus-Based

It does seem to do the trick.

== Timothy Klein || teece at   ==
==  Vanity Page:    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==