Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46598] Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:06:54 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Cases[Characters["123k"], _?LetterQ]//StringJoin "k" Cases[Characters["123k"], _?DigitQ]//StringJoin "123" ToExpression[%] 123 Bob Hanlon In article <c1h0vu$9t5$1 at smc.vnet.net>, mvdv at spamcop.net (mvyver) wrote: << Hi, Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? The section in the documentation "Using symbols to tag objects" is silent. My problem is that when trying to remove alphabet characters from a string I'm told that "123k" is a number!! NumberQ[ToExpression["123k"]] True Using ToExpression with different forms doesn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.