Re: Mathematica exports curves in pieces to Illustrator

> I'm afraid that's something you'll just have to live with. However, by
> clicking and dragging, you can usually select many segments at once.
> Once you've got them all selected, you can them "group" them.

> Why this is so, can be easily understood, since the M's plot
> constitutes from final line segments. To see this, pick out
> the Out Graphics argument and look into it with FullForm command.

First paragraph may be correct -- but (I suspect) only because, for
whatever reason, "that's the way Mathematica does it".  I'm skeptical
that Mathematica *has* to do it that way -- that is, has to break a
single curve into some number of smaller sub-segments -- for any major
technical reason; and it would be nicer if it didn't do it that way.

Are there technical reasons (maximum number of points per Line[], or
something like that) why Mathematica has to do it this way?

Also, if you Select first segment A, then segment B, of a segmented
curve of this type after transferring it from Mathematica to Illustrator, the
curve appears continuous.  Does this mean that the final point of
segment A and the initial point of segment B are the same? -- or just
very close to each other?  Or does the EPS file somehow contain enough
data that Illustrastor knows how to fill in the gap between last A and
first B points?