problems with font display

After a long time using the program I noticed that in the
help pages some characters (the special ones, the brackets)
are shown incorrectly. I suppose there is no way to solve
this from within Mathematica, I should be an environment
issue

Since I cannot send an attached GIF to show the problem,
the effect is that when a formatted expression is shown
the brackets are displayed as D or @ and some characters
as mini empty boxes, bullets as the Yen currency sign and
else...

Carlos