Re: import 16-bit greyscale TIFF file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45877] Re: import 16-bit greyscale TIFF file
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve1 at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:19:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are two ways that you might try:

1. If you have any paint-type application you could open the TIFF, copy it
to the clipboard, and then paste into your Mathematica notebook.
2. image=Import[<TIFF pathname>,"TIFF"]; Show[image];

I have checked that that this works on an 8-bit greyscale TIFF, so I can't
be certain that it works for a 16-bit TIFF.

Steve Luttrell

news:butdkc$9q6$1 at smc.vnet.net...