Creating New Symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45880] Creating New Symbols
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:19:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

MathGroup:

This question may be of interest to those new to Mathematica 5.0.

I've read through the Help Browser "Demos" sections on Notebooks,
Palettes, and Notations.  I've also worked an exercise creating a new
"composite" notation for probability theory.

I'm impressed with this capability, but I haven't found a Help section
on creating and installing new symbol bitmaps from scratch.  Users
would create, say, a collection of 16x16 .BMP glyphs with MS-Paint,
and make up a new symbol palette with these.

If I missed the Help System section on this topic, I would surely
appreciate a referral to it.

Regards,
Harold