Re: Mathematica&SuSe 9.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45966] Re: Mathematica&SuSe 9.0
  • From: Detlef Mueller <dmueller at mathematik.uni-kassel.de>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:20:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Detlef Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Problem doesn't seem to be with the Helpbrowser (only).
>
> Detlef Mueller wrote:

> > Since I installed Mathematica 4.1 on my new SuSe 9.0 (kde 3.1),
> > But now the Help browser seems not to work.
> > the menue pops up, the menue seems to be active,
> > but "show categories" shows nothing, and the
> > "goto: _____"- Field is disabled.
> >

> Ideed, in every Formular generated by the
> Windowmanager, i.e. the File-select-menue,
> Input is disabled.
>
> What might be wrong?
> some Script-Language missing?

Latest news:

starting the X-Window with xinit,
then starting the windowmanager "fvwm"
or "twm",
then running mathematica and it works.

The above procedure
with Windowmanager "kde" fails.

Simply startx with default "fvwm" and without
the above procedure fails too (same missbehaviour
of input-forms as described in the beginning).

Greetings
  Detlef