Re: DOES MATHEMATICA CHANGE THE SYNTAX EACH NEW RELEASE?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49249] Re: DOES MATHEMATICA CHANGE THE SYNTAX EACH NEW RELEASE?
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 02:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <ccis29$4ap$1 at smc.vnet.net>, barb28 at rock.com (barb28) wrote: > Hello, > > I was speaking with a friend of mine who uses > microsoft products, and says that each new > release or version, microsoft will change the > syntax of some of its languages. > > Does anyone know if Mathematica does this? Do > they rearrange things with new releases? very much? > not much at all? Maybe a little, but basically not much at all. Of course if you get caught by one of the rare changes, either in command syntax or in the fine details of how a particular command functions it can be very annoying -- but it's certainly not something Wolfram does as a matter of deliberate policy.