Re: DOES MATHEMATICA CHANGE THE SYNTAX EACH NEW RELEASE?

In article <ccis29$4ap$1 at smc.vnet.net>, barb28 at rock.com (barb28) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was speaking with a friend of mine who uses
> microsoft products, and says that each new
> release or version, microsoft will change the
> syntax of some of its languages.
>
> Does anyone know if Mathematica does this? Do
> they rearrange things with new releases? very much?
> not much at all?

Maybe a little, but basically not much at all.

Of course if you get caught by one of the rare changes, either in
command syntax or in the fine details of how a particular command
functions it can be very annoying -- but it's certainly not something
Wolfram does as a matter of deliberate policy.