Re: Using a Result from NMinimize

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg49410] Re: Using a Result from NMinimize
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On 7/16/04 at 6:06 AM, gregory.lypny at (Gregory Lypny)

>When I use NMinimize, it gives the result as the minimum value of
>the function and the value of the argument that gets us there, for

>{0.0817747, {rp -> 0.0920851}}.

>How can I access the second element, that is, the value of the
>argument, so that I can use in other computations.  In other words,
>I want get at 0.0920851 and strip away the rp ->.

NMimimize like several other functions returns a result in the form of a replacement rule. In every case the value can be accessed using a construct like

In the particular case you show you can get what you want with

where result is the result returned by NMinimize