Re: Plotting 2D functions with discontinuities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49544] Re: [mg49509] Plotting 2D functions with discontinuities
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 05:59:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Micky,

If you try the DrawGraphics package at my web site you will find the
routines SplitLineOnDistance, SplitLineOnVertical and SplitLineOnSlope.
These can be used to eliminate the discontinuities in plotted lines. There
are examples in the Help that comes with the package.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Micky Handel [mailto:hmicky at hotmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hello
I m interested in plotting functions with some discontinuities without
displaying the vertical line that Mathematica plots automatically. I have
tried using the DiscontinuityPlot and the RLSCF packages that I found and
downloaded. However, RLSCF does not function when my function is defined by
a Which command, and the DiscontinuityPlot package does not work well with
multiple plots. Is there another way of solving this problem?
Thanks
Micky