Re: [Bug] NullSpace[m, Method->OneStepRowReduction] can cause crashes in v5
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49611] Re: [mg49577] [Bug] NullSpace[m, Method->OneStepRowReduction] can cause crashes in v5
- From: Scott Morrison <scott at math.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:48:21 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200407231001.GAA20534@smc.vnet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: scott at math.berkeley.edu
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I have the same experience here with WinXP, Mathematica 5.0.1, and 2GB of RAM.
> NullSpace[T, Method -> OneStepRowReduction] evaluated, but then N[Pi,
> 10^5] crashed the kernel.
> But there are always limits, right?
But it would seem we shouldn't be anywhere near these limits. I have
only 256MB of RAM here, and have the same problems. Also, Mathematica
version 4.2 has no problems with this evaluation.
I'm fairly sure that this is an actual bug in the implementation of
OneStepRowReduction in v5, rather than memory limits.
Prev by Date:
[Bug] v5, kernel crash from NullSpace
Next by Date:
Re: Fundamental theorem problem
Previous by thread:
[Bug] NullSpace[m, Method->OneStepRowReduction] can cause crashes in v5
Next by thread:
TeXForm of TeX accents