Functions of Functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49598] Functions of Functions
- From: mjperson at mit.edu (Michael J Person)
- Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Massachvsetts Institvte of Technology
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.
I've gone through the book and help files as best I can, but
can't seem to figure out why the following doesn't work:
I'm trying to work with functions that take functions
as parameters and return other functions.
Below is an example...
Clear[a, b, c, x]
(*Define a functions a*)
\!\(a[x_] := \((Sin[x] + x\^3\/2)\)\)
(*define a function of functions*)
\!\(b[f_] = \((f'' + \(3\ f'\)\/2 + 5 f)\)\)
(*apply the functional function to a*)
c = b[a]
(*Try to apply the resulting function to something*)
This last step never gives me the results I'd expect by applying
the derivatives of a to x...
Can anyone tell me where I've gone horribly wrong?
mjperson at mit.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Problem with Integrate and FindMinimum
Next by Date:
Re: NonlinearFit works not so good
Previous by thread:
[Bug] v5, kernel crash from NullSpace
Next by thread:
Re: Functions of Functions