Re: Slow LinearSolve.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49661] Re: Slow LinearSolve.
- From: Giorgos Momferratos <mc01627 at mail.ntua.gr>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: mc01627 at mail.ntua.gr
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Aaron Fude wrote: > Hi, > > Within 24 hours and counting, Mathematica was not able to solve Ax = b > for the following A and the following B. Another system does this in a > matter of seconds. How do make Mathematica do the same? I use > "LinearSolve[A, b]" > I guess this is because you request a symbolic solution. LineaeSolve[N[A], N[b]] comes in seconds.