DICOM-RT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48530] DICOM-RT
  • From: pdickof at scf.sk.ca (Peter Dickof)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:49:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have successfully used the Import[example, "DICOM",
ConversionOptions -> {"Verbose" ->True, "DataDictionary" -> None}]
command to read the data in a DICOM file. I now wish to read DICOM-RT
files; these include data Element Tags with group numbers 3002 - 300E.
When I read such a file I get the message "Import::nodta: Insufficient
data found for DICOM format."

1) what am I doing wrong?

2) I do not think this is a matter of missing data element tags
because I am not interpreting these. Is this correct?

2) I have tried to figure out what data element tags are in the
default data dictionary. How do I do this? (I have found the files
Dicom.mx and DicomDataDictionary.mx but do not know how to understand
their contents)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter Dickof