Problem with formula template completion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48524] Problem with formula template completion
  • From: Graham Wheel <gwheel at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:49:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am experiencing a problem with formula completion templates in
Mathematica. For example, when I select a template to enter a part of a
formula, such as the exponent or fraction templates in the BasicInput
palette, the template appears not at the place in the document where I
want to put it, but somewhere up near the top of the document.  After I
have completed the fields in the template, I then have to scroll down
to the point where I was working, and after selecting an insertion
point again the formula appears correctly.  This is an extremely time
wasting and annoying "feature".

I am using version 4.1.5 on Mac OSX 10.3.  This problem also occurred
in 3.0, and I reported it to Wolfram when I was using that version.

Does anyone else experience this problem?

Why has it not been fixed over several major version releases?

Graham Wheel