Re: FullSimplify Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48698] Re: FullSimplify Question
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:44:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you Paul.  I've had a total misunderstanding of
"TransformationFunctions."  This cleared that up.
I always thought this was to Simplify the equation into a "final" form that
used the functions supplied by this option.  I never realized that it
actually "changed" the equation.

I now understand why the "Simplified" version below is no way near the
original equation.  Thanks also for the tip on the unique way to add "Print"
to the TransformationFunctions option.  I've not seen that before.  Very
nice. :>)

equ = 4*x^2 + 9*x^3

FullSimplify[equ, TransformationFunctions -> {Sqrt}]

2*x^2 + 3*x^3

Dana

news:ca1ddp$fag$1 at smc.vnet.net...