RE: (**) comments highlighted - newbie

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48749] RE: [mg48732] (**) comments highlighted - newbie
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:33:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You can select a comment and then change the color via the Menu/Format/Text
Color item. I don't think you can have them automatically change color.

Also, in my opinion, there is a flaw in Mathematica's use of comments. If
you select a cell and change it between forms, say from StandardForm to
InputForm or TraditionalForm, the comments are thrown away. So if you ever
do any of that, your careful efforts at commenting will all be lost.

David Park
djmp at

From: Adrian Craciun [mailto:acraciun at]
To: mathgroup at

I hope my question is not completely silly, but I have been trying to find
an answer for this both in the Mathematica book, in this forum's archive
and elsewhere on the net and I failed.

Since I will be doing quite a bit of programming with Mathematica in the
near future, I would like to have the following (very reasonable, I think)
comments (* ... *) should (by themselves :) ) change colour (for instance)
so that they are obvious in the code from a distance.

I hope the solution to this is not very complicated, and I'm sure I am not
the first to think about this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,