Re: Question about Hold

A few questions:

1) Why write A*A as if that's different from A^2? (It isn't.)

2) Why use Hold[A*A] if you want the argument evaluated?

3) What do you want Commute[Hold[A*A],B] to evaluate to? (Commute[A,C], I suppose.)

4) What have you done to make it happen? Just Commute[A,B]=C? Or something else.

5) Are we mind-readers?

Bobby