tangent in turning point

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48857] tangent in turning point
  • From: Christian Christmann <plfriko at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:31:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm looking for a software which can solve
the following problem:

I've measured some values for the velocity
of a test vehicle in a regular short period
of time. Thus, I have pais of values (velocity
x in time t). I would like to use these values
to draw a graph and find then the turning point.
Hence, the program should draw a tangent through
the turning point.

Please tell me if mathematica is able to perform
this task and give me a short instruction for the

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Christian Christmann