A question about derivatives of quadratic products

Hello,
I am a new user of mathematica. I met a question about derivatives as
following:
D = Norm[w, 2]^2/2+sum(αi(yi(w.x+b+sqrt(w.M.w))-1)) (which i=1 to
n)
w and x are two-dimension vectors, yi is a number either -1 or 1, b is
a number, M is a 2*2 matrix, αi is a lagrange coefficient.
I want to get the value of w when D's derivative on w is equal to
zero.
But many errors happen, and it seems mathematica does not know what it
should do next. Can somebody help me? Many thanks for your kind help.